Tuesday, September 22, 2015

My Texas Alphabet: D for Dr Pepper

The idea for this alphabet post series comes from ' The Alphabet of My Emigration' by Dee Dorota L., member of The Polish Ladies Abroad Club, who has relocated to England.
I have also decided to join the project and write about My Texas Alphabet twice a week.



Thinking of the letter D, I need to mention Dr. Pepper in my Texas Alphabet. It is a carbonated, soft drink (a kind of cola) which has been made in Texas since 1885. The soda was first created by Charles Alderton, a pharmacist who worked in a drug store in Waco.


I first drank Dr. Pepper when I came to Texas. The drink original flavor reminds me prunes and I quite like it. However, I prefer its diet version. Other flavor variations (eg. cherry) are available too.


 Credits
Picture: By Amin - Own work, CC BY-SA 4.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=68727090

No comments :

Post a Comment