Monday, September 14, 2015

My Texas Alphabet: C for Cowgirl Hat

The idea for this alphabet post series comes from ' The Alphabet of My Emigration' by Dee Dorota L., member of The Polish Ladies Abroad Club, who has relocated to England.
I have also decided to join the project and write about My Texas Alphabet twice a week.





I bought my cowgirl hat when I was still in Poland. However, I wore it maybe twice there, due to some passersby reactions which I happened to experience. I guess the hat was too shocking to them - some people giggled when they saw me, some commented: "O, cowboys have arrived". It seemed to be regarded as quite an exotic thing to wear. Anyway, those situations made me feel weird then.

These days I can wear my hat whenever I want to and wherever I go. No matter what time of the day or season is. Nobody pays attention to my headcover - cowboy and cowgirl hats are as usual in Texas as jeans and T-shirts. Not to mention boots of course. On the other hand, I could wear hair rollers as well, and nobody would stare at me either. I have seen a lady with hair rollers on her head (at a supermarket) - nobody cared about it.
All in all, I like my hat and I very much prefer it to any, even most beautiful, hair rollers.

'C' entries by Polish Ladies Abroad (in Polish):

Dee / C jak Ciąg dalszy
Gabi / C jak Czekolada (in English also)
Sylwia / C jak Chleb
Karolina / C jak Chimie
Justyna / C jak Charity Shop
Anna / C jak Cztery
Jagoda / ABC Emigracji
Kropka / C jak Chicago
Viola / C jak Czas
Justyna / C jak Cena emigracji 
Dorota / C jak Casablanca czyli 7 twarzy „Casy”
Agnieszka / C jak Ceny



 

No comments :

Post a Comment