Thursday, October 1, 2015

My Hand Painted T-shirt - Pattern #3

This is a t-shirt which I decorated for my husband. The design contains two characters which I created when I was sixteen and a flowery folk motif. I am really happy that he likes wearing the t-shirt!

I use brand new, cotton T-shirts. However, the painting process requires pre-washing the fabric. That is why I wash and iron each and every T-shirt before I start painting my patterns on them. The painting itself is quite time-consuming. Due to paints properties, I needed to put the layers of paint gradually, so it took me even five days (not to mention the time of pre-washing, drying and ironing) to decorate the T-shirt.
You can read more about the paintings included on the T-shirt here.






Check out my other patterns - wall decor boards and T-shirts here.

 

 


No comments :

Post a Comment