Monday, January 25, 2016

Mój Teksaski Alfabet: 'ż' i 'Małżonek' / Spouse

The idea for this alphabet post series comes from ' The Alphabet of My Emigration' by Dee Dorota L., member of The Polish Ladies Abroad Club, who has relocated to England.
I have also decided to join the project and write about My Texas Alphabet twice a week.

"Ż" is the letter which comes after "Z" in the Polish alphabet. Since the Polish alphabet is the alphabet of my native language (and my life is a Polish-Texan mix), I write my Texas Alphabet partly in Polish also.
To Your Knowledge: małżonek = spouse



To już ostatni wpis w Moim Teksaskim Alfabecie. Ostatni, chociaż ten własnie powinien być pierwszym. Dlaczego?

Mój Małżonek jest Teksańczykiem, przyjechałam do Teksasu, z jego powodu. Tym samym jego osoba jest główną przyczyną mojej emigracji. Mąż mój jest wspaniałym i dobrym człowiekiem, rozumiemy się bez słów (o czym wspominałam we wpisie alfabetu na 'U'). Gdyby nie jego wsparcie, moje przystosowanie się do życia w nowym kraju (i wszystkiego, co się z tym wiąże) nie przebiegłoby tak gładko i bezboleśnie. To on cierpliwie tłumaczy mi to wszystko, czego nie wiem, co jest dla mnie nowe, czego nie rozumiem. Jest moim przewodnikiem życia w Teksasie/ USA i moją opoką. Z przyjemnością niejednokrotnie chowałam się za jego plecami, patrząc 'jak to się załatwia w USA', korzystam z jego rad i pomocnych wskazówek.

Małżonek mój docenia wszystko, co robię. Co mnie także cieszy - je wszystko, co ugotuję - bez narzekania czy marudzenia. Nawet wtedy, gdy zdarzy mi się niewypał kulinarny. Swoim zachowaniem nigdy nie sprawił, bym chociaż przez chwilę pożałowała wyjazdu z kraju. Wprost przeciwnie. Wspiera mnie też i zachęca do działań związanych z realizacją moich zainteresowań.

O moim mężu mogłabym jeszcze pisać długo. Będzie krótko: jest najwspanialszy na świecie.


This post is the last part of My Texas Alphabet. The last one, even though it should have been the firts one. Why?

My spouse is Texan and I came to Texas because of him. At the same time, he is the main reason of my emigration. I am happy to say, that my husband is a great and good man. We understand each other without words (I wrote more about it here). If it was not for his support, my adjustment to life in the new country (and to everything which is connected with it) would not be so smooth and painless. It is him who patiently explains all the things to me. Things which I do not know/ do not understand and which are new to me.

My husband is my true personal guide to life in Texas/USA. It is so good to hide myself behind his back (literally) and watch 'how are errands done' here.

What is more, he appreciates everything I do, which obviously makes me very happy as well. Moreover, my dear man eats what I cook - without complaining - even if my cooking results happen to be a culinary failure.  My spouse has never made me regret leaving my home country. On the contrary. He supports all my hobbies as well.

I could write much more about my wonderful husband, but shortly speaking: he is the greatest in the world!

No comments :

Post a Comment