Saturday, February 5, 2022

70s Inspired - Part 1

A friend reminded me of the "Fashion" section on this blog. Well. being involved in other projects, I had completely forgotten about that.

So, here it is. A totally different post to previous ones, inspired by the fashion trends of the 70s.

Among others, the 70s was the time of rock music and the bands which were later labeled as "classic". It was also the time of disco music and discos.

Below, is the set of clothing influenced by the 7th decade of the 20th century. It is my personal choice of course, items that I would wear. I found them on the amazon.com shelves. The prices of those pieces are rather moderate and affordable which, besides the design and look, has its meaning as well.
 

Part 1 - today's post is about an everyday and toned-down look.

Tops

The T-shirt and the sleeveless match both the jeans and a denim skirt. Both tops have graphic motifs related to the 70s.


  • Black "Love & Peace" T-shirt - here. I most like the flowery pattern on the black shirt.
  • Sleeveless "Dancing Queen" black top - here. Well, maybe it is not a spectacularly impressive piece, but I find it a good match to the rest of the chosen outfit. If one does not like to uncover their arms and expose them to the sun in the summer, the top has its T-shirt version as well find it here.

 A more interesting alternative to the plain tops is a colorful shirt.


  • 3/4 sleeve shirt - my choice is D multi-color (the 1st one) - here. However, with the flowery jeans (see below), I would wear a one-color top - pink, white or black option on that page.

 

Vest - to go with jeans only.

 
  • Faux Suede khaki vest with fringes - here.


Jeans

 
  • Blue jeans (only non torn ones!) - here. My shade choice #1 is Blue 2402 (the third picture), then, Light Blue 2402.
  • Light blue, embroidered jeans - here. All the three ones are cute - I prefer no.1 (Blue), though.


Skirts

Among the amazon.com offer, I have not found the type of skirt that was very trendy in the 70s. The akirt was most often two-toned and had wide stripes going across and down the piece. Well, it was commonly known as a "banana" skirt in Poland.

A regular denim skirt will certainly do instead. It is also more neutral regarding the style.
 


  • (Dark) Blue denim buttoned skirt - here.

 

Shoes

Platform shoes were in then however, they would not be suitable these days considering my height. Well, it does not mean I did not have a pair of those years ago. Another type of shoe-ware that was popular in Europe in the 70s was the clogs. I quite like them. I did leave behind in Poland two pairs of those (with wooden bottom part) - black and white ones. Nowadays, I would still wear the clogs, if I had them here.

Clogs

  •  A lighter option with a rubber sole - here,
  •  A bit more expensive - genuine Swedish leather and wooden clogs here.
 

 

My other pick as an everyday style item are the sandals. In the 70s, their sole was made of wood. The modern version has it made of rubber.

  • Brown sandals - here

 

Headcover

is a must. I might have lived in the times where all the adults wore hats, well, my head likes to be covered. Although it is a matter of style as well.


  • Floppy hat - red or camel - here.

 

Accessories  

To complete the look.


  • Flower Heart necklace - metal, glass, and plastic - here.  
  • Metal, gold chain belt - here. To be worn on the hips (on the T-shirt for example).
  • Hand-made bracelet, leather, and beads - here. I like the colors, not sure about the healing part, though.
  • Optional - a set of metal bangles (worn instead of the bracelet of course) here
  • Or plastic ones, if you do not like the metallic sound of the bangles here.
 


To see all the items, mentioned above, that I have found at amazon.com - have a look at my Pinterest board (below).

 

No comments :

Post a Comment