Monday, July 5, 2021

Jazz Band in Gazebo

A wonderful weekend we had, full of events and activities. We were very busy (in a nice, festive way) so there was no time to catch up with posting here.

Friday - a relaxing evening with The Dirty River Jazz Band. Over two hours of classic jazz and swing, great quality of music in the Nimitz museum yard.




The band played many music requests. Do you know the title of the piece I requested (watch the video)/who it was originally sung by?

How was your weekend?

More about the band at their website

2 comments :

  1. "Mack the Knife," a hit for Bobby Darin in 1959. I did not know until I looked up the song that it was originally written in German!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did not know that Bobby Darin sang it. I knew it was sung by Louis Armstrong, though. The song was translated into many languages including English, I have heard it in Polish as well. :-)

    ReplyDelete