Monday, October 8, 2018

Joyce Alma McIntosh Hunt

I was introduced to aunt Joyce not long after I came to Texas. We visited her in the house in Dallas she lived in.

Aunt Joyce welcomed me to the family. I found the little lady very nice and kind. When I met the aunt, she was in her early 80s. Despite the fact that her body seemed weak and fragile, her mind was still sharp. She discussed some everyday matters, the current political and economic situation in the country, mentioned family members as well. We very much enjoyed the visit, however, due to aunt Joyce's health condition, the meeting did not last long.

with aunt Joyce - during our first meeting

In the autumn of 2015, we received very sad news - aunt Joyce passed away on 23 November. She was 84 years old.

Aunt Joyce was our maternal aunt. She was born on 18 April 1938 in East Texas. Joyce Alma McIntosh was the 11th of thirteen children of Samuel Hollie McIntosh and Ethel B. Lollar.

Joyce was married to James Raymond Hunt and was the mother of ten children. Four of her children are no longer alive -
Deborah Kay was born on 13 Oct. 1956 and lived only a few weeks;
Windell Ray died in a car crash in 1970. He was only 18 years old then;
Ruthye Jan died in 2001, Larry James two years later - both at the age of 48.

Aunt Joyce was buried in Terrell, Kaufman County, Texas.

I am thankful I was given to meet her.





4 comments :

  1. I'm sure she'd be honored that you remember her so fondly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope so. She was a very nice lady.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a lovely remembrance of her! I think being remembered as 'kind' is a truly beautiful thing.
    Sue (Kindredpast.com)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Sue. I did not know the aunt well but she seemed a good person.

    ReplyDelete