Thursday, January 26, 2017

Our Cosmetic Experience: December


This year I am going to write more about the cosmetics which have used/tried. Some people call it a 'bottom project' but since the word 'bottom' has different meanings in English, I call my post series 'Our Cosmetic Experience'. To be more specific, every month, having emptied a container/containers of a certain product/products, I am planning to tell you what we think about them - what our opinion about them is (some products are consulted by my husband as well).

Please, take note that our opinion on the cosmetics is influenced by our personal skin/beauty profiles. You can check out my cosmetic profile here

The first post of that kind is connected with the three types of balm which we finished using Last December.


1.  I have already written about the hand cream by Neutrogena. Its rich formula helps the very dry, cracked and rough skin. The cream consistency looks more like a transparent gel to me. It is quite quickly absorbed by the very dehydrated skin. My hands are only a bit on the dry side so, every time when I needed to use the hand cream, I only applied a little of it. Otherwise, my hands were covered with a sticky film of the cosmetic, which I did not like. It all made the cream very efficient and last really long.
This kind of hand cream brings relief to the hands if they happened to be exposed to the cold winter weather conditions.

 The tube contains 2 oz/56g of the hand cream
Price:  $3.96 at Walmart*
$4.99 at Walgreens*

* online stores prices 

Our pros
- good for very dry and cracked skin - improves its condition,
- efficient,
- unscented,
- good price.

Would we buy it again? I do not know.

2. We happened to receive the sample of Gold Bond Ultimate Hydrating Lotion when we purchased a totally different item.


I could see it was a 'for man' product but I wanted to try it too. As soon as I spread it on my hands, I could smell a pleasant, cologne-like fragrance. At the same time, I thought to myself: ' What a nice, manly scent!'. Apart from that, I could see how nice it felt on the skin as well.

The lotion has a smooth consistency which spreads on the skin easily and evenly. The lotion is quickly absorbed as well. After the application, the skin appears smoother and pleasantly hydrated.

The lotion smells really manly/fine but (unfortunately to me) it defines the cosmetic as a man's body care item.

According to the information on the tube, the lotion can be used as body, hands and face moisturizer. We did not try it on the face, though.

What I found interesting

The formula of Gold Bond Ultimate Hydrating Lotion is enriched with:
  • glyceryl stearate - which gives the skin smoothness and softness,
  • dimethicone - skin conditioning agent,
  • aloe barbadensis leaf juice,
  • hydrolyzed rice proteins,
  • silk amino acids,
  • panthenol,
  • hydrolyzed jojoba esters,
  • magnesium ascorbyl phosphate (Vitamin C),
  • tocopheryl acetate (Vitamin E acetate),
  • glycerin.

All in all, we liked the sample so we bought a regular size of the Lotion.

The tube contained 0.75 oz/21 g  of the body lotion

3. Dermasil Body Balm - we like it. I used it to treat my hands and feet as well. The opening of the tube is big enough, which makes the dosage of the lotion really convenient. The formula of the cream is rather thick but soft as well. However, while applying it, sometimes I had a feeling the lotion spread not evenly on the skin of my body so I had to reapply it. Regrettably, it made the lotion last shorter.

On the other hand, I really like some of the lotion ingredients:
  • sunflower seed oil,
  • geranium maculatum oil,
  • lecithin,
  • borago officinalis (starflower) seed oil,
  • ascorbyl palmitate - a fatty acid obtained from ascorbyl acid/Vitamin C,
  • sweet almond oil,
  • sandalwood oil,
  • rosa damascena extract,
  • vanilla planifolia fruit extract.
 All in all, good quality considering a very low price.


 The tube contained 10 oz/296 ml  of the body lotion
Price: $1 at Dollar Tree

Our pros:
- paraben free,
- good for dry skin - body, hands and feet, 
- hypoallergenic,
- inexpensive.
 
 Would we buy it again? Yes.
 

No comments :

Post a Comment