Friday, May 5, 2023

D for Deer


I do not know how I could forget about them writing about Ds in "My Texas Alphabet"!

There are so many deer in our area and they are everywhere. It always amazes me how gracefully and effortlessly they hop over fences. 

 
 
Sadly, it happens a deer jumps on a road and perishes, colliding with a vehicle. When we drive in the countryside, especially when it's dark, we always ask those pretty creatures, "Dear deer, stay aside on the roadside." 

 
---
"My Texas Alphabet" is quite a personal summary of our hitherto life in Texas. 
 

2 comments :

  1. Oh yes! When my parents lived in Fredericksburg and Austin, they frequently saw deer in the yards (and they often ate my mom's favorite plants). I tried to avoid driving in the dark to visit them in either place, because I was so afraid of hitting a deer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately, the collisions are common and no street lights on the roads does not help.

    ReplyDelete