Thursday, August 29, 2024

Spell Your Surname

I am still into the Robert Leutbecher's family research. Looking at the records, I have found out the spelling of the surname was twisted in the official documents in various ways. 

It all reminded me something from the past. Many people in Poland found the spelling of my surname problematic/difficult and they commonly mispronounced/misprinted it as well. From time to time, it caused some confusion - up to the point that once, I even learned a gossip about myself. According to that romour a student of the school where I worked at that time, a boy by the name Lauterbach, was my son. The thing was/is that my maiden name does not look like "Lauterbach" and does not even start with "L".

I just laughed at it all then. After all those years, the Lauterbach surname came back, in a slightly different version.
Weird or what?

Soon, I will post an entry dedicated to Robert's sister, Maria Leutbecher, and her immediate family.


 

No comments :

Post a Comment