Friday, February 12, 2021

Memories: Dwarfs

When I was little, on every workday my mom walked me to the local kindergarten before she walked to work. Work-day meant from Monday to Saturday (including the latter) as only Sundays were off at that time. Kindergartens in Poland take care of children of three age groups - the youngest group are the little ones, then there is the medium age group and the oldest kids are called the seniors.

My group of little ones was called Dwarfs. During the Carnival time every group, led by their teachers, of course, prepared and gave a little program for parents. It was songs, poems, and dances.

For the day of the show purpose, all Dwarfs were to wear red tights, white blouses, and red hats which were made by the teachers. I also wore red ribbons on my hair and around the blouse collar (I was about 4 then).

As you can see in the above photo, there was a parent who did not follow the teachers' instructions - one girl wore a dress and white trousers, and no hat on her head. It did spoil the overall artistic impression a bit (and displeased the teachers).

 The second photo - the Dwarfs after their performance, an older group is waiting for their showtime.







No comments :

Post a Comment