Saturday, January 28, 2023

H is for...

 


The letter H is for two things in the second edition of "My Texas Alphabet".

The first one is the Hill Country with its beautiful vast land, fresh air, plenty of deer and other critters, and our day trips.



 When I was little, I drew people dressed in 19th-century-type clothes, ladies in long dresses, and men with top hats and cloaks around their arms. There were also single hills in the background. My teacher laughed at those hills. She said they looked like haystacks. Well, I agree the hilly areas of Poland look different indeed. Anyway, my work was laughed at in the classroom, I got ashamed and never drew those people and landscape again.




Decades later, when still in Poland and with no faintest idea or desire to leave the country, I was told by a psychic that in my previous life in the 1850s, I had lived in the very south of the US. Frankly speaking, I did not take it seriously, so I did not give any thought to that at all then. All in all, soon, I totally forgot about the psychic and her reading.




When I came to the Hill Country, in a strange way it felt like coming home. I found the hills, vast landscape, and views somehow familiar. Then, I recalled my early childhood drawings and the psychic message. Maybe I did live here before? Or maybe not?




The other alphabet "H" is History.
We love learning about the history of the Land, its places, and its people.

---

"My Texas Alphabet" is quite a personal summary of our hitherto life in Texas. 


No comments :

Post a Comment